Saturday, November 14, 2015

Getting Ready To Quilt Again

Many say, "It's just like riding a bicycle, once you start peddling, it'll come back to you!"

Well, I wonder how true this is.  It has been 11 months since I've worked on a quilt.  I have several commission quilts that I must quilt before Christmas.  Before I start them, I need to work on something of my own to build up my confidence.  Before I let myself loose on someone else's quilt, I need to feel one with Ava again.  This calls for something big, something like the quilt I started way, way, way back in November of 2013 when Jordan was first hospitalized.  Just in case you don't remember it, here is a pic to remind you:


I finished the quilt top quite some time ago, but it was way too big for my frame.  I had high hopes of going to my friends house to quilt it, but she had developed cancer (Kicked it's butt) and instead of her taking it easy, her cancer was like pure adrenaline for her.  She went on a quilting frenzy and has not looked back since!!!  Now, that I have my frame completely up, I can quilt it at home, at my pace and on my own schedule, yippee!!!  This will be my first bed quilt I made for myself.  It is now freshly pressed and ready for a quick, nice and easy panto!  I'm waiting for the panto I purchased from Urban Elementz called Breathe of Gods, pictured below.

 


In the meantime, I will be cutting, piecing, and pressing my binding strips and my flannel backing.

Well, that's all I got for ya today, what are you working on?

2 comments:

  1. I remember that quilt and am glad you're ready to quilt it. It will be amazing to sleep under your own quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy each moment you spend working on the quilt and once done you will be sleeping under the "breathe of God."

    ReplyDelete