Friday, August 16, 2013

Recovered



I have stayed away far, far too long...

I have been busy, but most of the reason is life and recovery.  So, I will just jump right on in...


First, I want to thank everyone that took the time to pray for me before, during and after my surgery!!!  It was a slow go at first but now I am mending quite well.  Actually, well enough for me to start back exercising slowly.  If my heart tolerates it, I will be able to resume my regular work outs.   Back in November I was having shortness of breathe, extreme dizziness and fatigue.  They found a small mass in my heart, non-life threatening. Shortly after they found the mass, I started hemorrhaging (not related to heart problem.)    I'm hoping all of these symptoms have gone away now for good!  Sooo, operation 8/10 here I come!!!


My family - they are all doing well.  Kiddies are enjoying the last couple of weeks of summer break.  Aug 26 is the first day of school and I am waiting at the front door!!!  All bills will start to decline:  Food, water, and electric!!!  Hallelujah!!!  My hubby is working hard as usual.

My boss is going through another round of chemo.  He is still very weak and tired most of the time.  He is still working with a lot of assistance.  Hopefully there will be some changes after this round is over.

Now unto my favorite part, QUILTING:

I've worked on Twisted Wreath by Rose Pohlar.  How cute is this?  It went from this:











To this:












And finally this:




I've shared a review of this pattern during my last podcast episode.  A picture was not posted at that time.  I call her, "Twisted Glory".

I am also working on my second pantograph, called Bluster by Lorien Quilting.




It's more swirly than the last panto I did called, Celtic Braid.    Bluster will be pantographed onto this Valentine's Day quilt:













I am still loving the process of panto-ing.  I can tell that I am getting more confident as time go by even when I don't follow the lines exactly!  My biggest problem right now is probably my floor.  I have a hardwood floor and my table vibrates so badly!  When we move, I'm hoping the new floor is a least carpeted.   well, I am almost done with this quilt, once done and photographed,  I get to bind her - machine bind that is!!!


My next quilt will be a T-shirt quilt. I have 16 Christian T's right now.  I want to get 4 more, so that it would be a nice size throw quilt.  I look forward to talking with you guys about the process of this quilt and especially the quilting of it!

Well, this is it for now.  I hope to resume my blogging schedule next week.

5 comments:

  1. The twisted wreath is neat. The swirly panto is wonderful. I love swirly loopy designs that look like wind. I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend! I just finished a tshirt quilt, and I'm doing another one today. I'm going to talk about the process in my next podcast episode, there were a few issues I didn't foresee that are worth noting. About the vibrations, perhaps some shock absorbers under the legs would help? I used some furniture slider things under mine. They looked like big couch coasters and are meant to help you move large furniture easily. you can find them at places like Lowe's and Home Depot.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can't wait to listen to your next podcast. I have done some research on T-shirt quilts, but it is not totally clear in my head. I over analyze things sometimes and it drives me nuts! So, hopefully you will hit on the fuzzy parts for me. I will be shopping for the last 4 T's and washing them all this weekend. Thanks for the tip on the furniture sliders. About a week ago, my hubby and I place crepe under the tables. (It's a soleing material for shoes.) We thought this would've knocked the problem right out, but it didn't even touch it. I hope these sliders work better for me.
      Thank you so much for all of the encouragement!!!

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear from you Stephanie! I love the twisted quilts. I am itching to do another one. Love seeing your long arm projects. Looks like it would be so much fun. I went to a quilt show this week and they had the Avante. I thought about you when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shari!!! It is truly fun and about aggravating at the same time :o)! I wish they can come home and work with you and the machine for at least a week. This is to knock out any fears and gitters a person may experience. I finally realize that I must practice, practice, practice if I plan be anywhere near decent on the long arm.

      Delete
  3. You are coming right alomg on your quilting. Loved hearing the sound of your machine running. My Avante has been in storage for a year now, but it looks like I'll have a place to set it up again soon. I'll be starting at about the same level you are. I've collected tons of pantos but I think some may be too complicated for me at first. I have plenty of unquilted quilts to practice on!

    ReplyDelete