Thursday, June 6, 2013

I Finally Did It!

Heeeey-Uuuuu-Guuuuuys!

This past weekend was the best weekend I had in a very longtime!


First, I want to thank God from whom all blessings flow!!!  He has kept my family and me safe as we all traveled separately this past weekend.

On Friday, I went to Jo-Ann's in hopes of finding quilt backs for 3 quilts, but no such luck.  However, I did buy a book, T-Shirt Quilts Made Easy Martha Deleonardis.  I really like this book and think it would make a great addition to my quilting library.

On Saturday, the girls and I went to Quilt Lizzy in Warrenton, NC.  It's located about a hour and 45 minutes away from our home.  I had the girls bring along toys to keep them occupied as I shopped. I was kind of shocked that it took me less than 30 minutes to get everything I needed.  After all of that driving, I had to come up with some questions and Susan came up with a great idea of letting me listen to her HQ Avante.  I was still worried that my Avante was still loud and clunky .  After listening to hers I was convinced that mine was just fine!  I had a ball!!!  Of course, I had to stay and chat some because that was too long of a drive (for me ;o) ) for such a quick shopping trip!  When we finally got home I was too pooped to quilt.  I just sat and thought of different quilt designs for each quilt.

On Sunday, we went to church.  Afterwards, we did some shopping and finally we went home.  I nervously loaded this quilt on Ava.  




I prayed and I went for it! 














I went through my last full pass and was about to quilt the last 2 inches at the bottom of the quilt and looked up and then I noticed it!  About 6 - 8 inches from the left side and the full length of the last full pass.  I could have cried, but held on and called everyone I could to figure how to take care of this problem.



What in the world!!! How did this happen?  I re-traced my steps and remembered that I placed my right bungee stabilizers and then I was distracted by the girls starting a World War among one another.   I had to go and make peace in the land, and when I returned I had forgotten to place the left bungee stabilizers on the quilt!!!  was devastated!  After much reassurance, I celebrated anyhow!  I did good and I am so happy!  So, for the next several days I will be getting better acquainted with my seam ripper!

So, this is what I will be working on for the next week, what are you working on?


2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! I would have been in a panic. Hope you've been able to unstitch the bad areas and get it quilted again. Your quilting looks great. I'm still working on my quilt. I couldn't decide if it needed additional borders, decided no. I'm adding blocks to the backing to make it fit without wasting fabric. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes and thank God for the yes!!! I was unable to pick out the bad area and quilt it again. It was difficult and I managed to get it back on the frame and finish the quilt. I don't like how the bottom edge turned out as much, but I am chalking it all up as a learning experience. I must read more and watch more videos as how to quilt the bottom edge of a quilt. I will be using some of my personal quilts, charity quilts and gifted quilts as my betas!

      Delete