Saturday, March 2, 2013

Review: Sophie Car Seat Quilt

I found this pattern on Moda Bake Shop website.  Again, this is the pattern that made me realize that if I'd snooze I'll lose!  I had the *Picture this - lights from the heavens and angels singing, "Hallelujah!"* moment!  This pattern made me realize that I had lost out on an opportunity to design such a beautiful quilt, but now at least I can be a Pattern Reviewer of it.

WHAT AND WHO GAVE ME THE RIGHT:
I am a self appointed Pattern Reviewer.  I believe I have this right, because I have purchased either the pattern, kit or magazine.  I am not here to degrade or discredit anyone, but I will be honest about my opinions and reviews.  I just want to give other quilters more of an insight on some of the patterns that are available to us.

GRADING SYSTEM:
I will use 1 - 5 STARS system.

With all that being said, I am ready to review Jenny of Clover and Violet.

Link:  Sophie Car Seat Quilt  

I found this pattern to be quick and easy.  I made two of these quilts.  The first one I made according to the pattern and the other one I did the same pattern, but tweaked it just a bit.  Both quilts took about the same time to make.  The hardest part to this pattern was aligning the sashing strips.  This was the most confusing part of the pattern.  Because I had not worked with many quilts that had sashings that needed to be aligned,  the provided pics were such a great help!  I think Jenny knew that this part could be a little tricky for beginners, because she offered to those that might run into a problem a way of contacting her.  Which I thought was very kind of her!

I'm glad I found this pattern and I would recommend it to anyone at any quilting level.

If you had not been to her blog, you are truly missing out!  I have been inspired to make more of these quilts and more of the projects on their site.

Jenny, thank you for making and sharing such a wonderful quilt!

Rating:  I give the pattern Sophie Car Seat Quilt a 4.5 out 5.

In the upcoming podcast I go more in depth in the process of making this quilt.



(I know I have to get better photo equipment, it's on the list after my longarm!!!)

Until the next time, I pray that you"ll be Blessed 2 Quilt today!

Stephanie

1 comment: