Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

I pray that all of you had a beautifully, wonderfully, and blessed holiday season.  Truly Jesus is not the only reason for the season, but the reason for me living.  I thank God for coming in the form of a babe and then as a man dying for my sins.  What a wonderful gift! 

I have been working like crazy to finish a quilt that I have been working on for my pastor.  She was diagnosed with LMS and is doing well with her treatments.  I felt led to make her a quilt.  I have always wanted to make an autograph quilt and felt that this would be the most opportune time to do so.  My goodness this quilt is HEAVY!  It is approx 96" x 126".  I have stitched in the ditch the vertical and horizontal lines.  I am currently working on the stitching in the ditch of the autographed pieces.  Once I finish that I can quilt the arches in the triangles and FMQ the borders.  Here is a quick peek:
I am terrified to do the arches, but I will practice as much as I can on scraps before attempting on this cutie patutie!

I have also joined the 2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge over on sewcalgal blog.  Please take a moment to read her blog and join in on the fun!  Just for a little motivation...there will be give aways!  Frances Moore is the instructor for January.  Watch her video and let the fun begin.  I did the doodling on paper and here is what I came up with so far.
I hope to be able to share with you later in the week, the actual FMQing.

Until then have a quiltabulous/quiltastic day!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment